Academic Bridge has developed an innovative and exclusive methodology for adult learners in Ireland, with the aim of supplying the importance of immediate communication in an English speaking country.
The goal of the methodology is to provide elements and tools that will allow learners the opportunity to communicate in classroom, based on real life experiences and situations that are created by our teachers and detailed in our coursebooks. Our coursebooks have been carefully selected and designed by OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS and CAMBRIDGE.
- Our focus is a Communicative Approach – speaking with correction.
- Grammar is presented communicatively through Guided Discovery and the Test Teach Test method.
- Class staging procedure at Academic Bridge has been designed in line with student feedback, class observations (DoS and Peer) and current best practice in TEFL. Following the staging procedure ensures continuity for all students throughout the school.
- The coursebook is used as the guideline for the lesson and is not used exclusively. The key systems – Grammar, Vocabulary and Pronunciation, are taught using the coursebook material and alternative resources.
- Skills work – Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking – is best taken from the coursebook as the material is in line with the weekly objectives of the unit.
- Our teachers use the first half of Monday’s lessons as revision and practice of the content from the previous week, which provides a sense of continuity for existing students and helps new students integrate more easily into the classes.
TIE (Test of Interact English) is an exam which tests your writing and speaking skills. It requires students to write and talk about a book and newspaper article they have read about. It also requires students to do presentations about their interests.
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) exam is an International standardised test of English Language proficiency for non-native English language speakers. IELTS is the one of major English-Language tests in the world and is the world’s most popular English Language test for higher education and academic purposes.
CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced) also known as the Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), is an international English language examination developed by Cambridge English Language Assessment. It is targeted at Level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and can be used for study, work and immigration purposes.
FCE (First Certificate in English) is an upper-intermediate, international English language qualification from Cambridge. This exam focuses on Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
All rights reserved.
Academic Bridge Ltd - 2023